Ah..the TSA

Well we are at the airport and easily navigating the check-in and the TSA pre-check security line.  What a piece of cake, we congratulate ourselves.  That is until they view our bags.

I expected a bit of scrutiny given the lap top, iPad, phone and bag of assorted wire charger cables, none of which works with anything else that I am carrying, along with all my girl stuff.  At first glance you could imagine I arrived to install a satellite dish on your house.  

We have plenty of time so we are not alarmed when they want to check my bag.  I am officially warned not to touch the bag until the inspection is complete.  I was told you have a bottle of water in here.  Well, I know you can never take the word of the possible perp, but of all the things I'm toting bottled water is not one! So the bag is dusted for explosives and all my handy storage pockets are probed, essentially screwing up my careful organization.

Rigmor has been behind me in line and when she comes up to see what's going on, I say they are looking for a bottle of water. Oops...it is Rigmor with the bottle of water which she guiltily surrenders.  Don't drink the water here! she is warned.

Now both bags get to be re-scanned before we are on allowed on our way.  So our trusty screeners pulled the wrong bag out of line for extra scrutiny.  Should it have been someone other than Rigmor and her water, perhaps a traveler with a little carry on gasoline, they would have sailed straight through and been at the gate by now.

I do imagine it is a thankless job.  Our agent did day that in Austin one can take an empty water bottle through and then fill with filtered water from the restrooms.  Who knew! We now repair to the United Club to sort our belongings. At least my zippers didn't cause any problems today.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog